Yorkshire Dales Photography Workshop
Day workshop / Price £95 PP
Sunday 18 November 2017 - Places available
Saturday 3 February 2018 - Place available
Workshop times: 10am – 5pm
Group size: Maximum 6 participants
The Yorkshire Dales has an outstanding and unique landscape, with amazing scenic features offering many photographic opportunities. For this day workshop we will begin in the picturesque village of Malham, which is located next too some spectacular landscapes.
We will visit Malham Cove, the 70 metres high 300 metres wide gently curving cliff of white lime stone. This natural amphitheater was formed after the last ice age when the ice melted and eroded the face of the cove. Walking to the top you get wonderful views along with the famous limestone pavements which give the photographer interesting rock formations to shoot.
Next will be the majestic Gordale Scar which is a hidden gorge with a waterfall and over hanging cliffs over 1oo metre high. The water cascades back down the very picturesque Gordale Beck.
The final location will be the lovely small waterfall and pool named Janet Foss, which is surrounded by ancient woodland. Here we will practice our exposure and depth of field skills.
This workshop is suitable for photographers of all levels.
Fitness level – Moderate, will include approximately 3 - 4 hours walking
In places the ground can be very uneven and care needs to be taken. On the top of Malham Cove the limestone pavement has deep fissures and is very slippery when wet.
Malham Cove / Gordale Scar / Janet Foos
The workshops includes
- Hands on, personal and practical guidance by a professional photographer
- One to one and group tuition
- Learn expert techniques – Exposure, composition tools and techniques, maximise depth of field, efficient workflow
- Several locations for landscape photography and how to get the most out of a scene
- Using the available light effectively
- Continual feedback given along with review of your work
- Technical advice on getting the most from your kit
- An informative, fun and relaxed atmosphere
Excludes food and drinks, travel to the Yorkshire Dales, travel insurance
- DSLR and spare batteries or camera with manual mode (Bridge camera)
- Warm waterproof clothing
- Walking boots/shoes
Booking onto this workshop
To make a booking please fill out the booking form on the link below. Neil will then get in contact directly to organise payment using either bank transfer / Pay Pal.
Please call 020 8800 7637 or 079844 30754 with any questions.