Night Photography on the Southbank in Central London
Night workshop 3 hours/ £45 PP
Thursday 23 Februrary 2017 / 7pm - 10pm - Places available
Thursday 16 March 2017 / 7pm - 10pm - Places available
Thursday 6 April 2017 / 7pm - 10pm - Places available
Thursday 27 April 2017 / 7pm - 10pm - Places available
During this 3 hour photography workshop your will learn techniques to enable you to create night photography images full of atmosphere, life and colour. We will also look at taking pictures at low light and how to get the best results.
The workshop takes place on the South Bank in central London where there are some amazing night photography opportunities.
This will be hands on and fun workshop giving you the opportunity to capture stunning lands marks such as St Paul’s Cathedral and the Millennium bridge. You will learn some of the fundamental techniques to capture creative images at night.
Neil will do demonstrations and set you assignments, which will be fun and creative. The workshop will help you develop your eye and technique, enabling you to have control of how you want your photo’s to look.
This is a fun and creative workshop where you can meet fellow photographer enthusiasts and go for a drink after the session.
For this workshop you really need some experience and an understanding of shooting in manual mode.
The group will be no larger 6 attendees so as you get a much attention from Neil as possible.
What you will Learn
- The fundamental techniques in capturing images at night
- Settings for capturing images at low light
- How to capture moving light
- What creative options there are for making striking pictures at night
- How to capture movement -e.g. passers by, boats, traffic light trails etc
- How to see the balance between natural and artificial light sources and combining the two to great effect
- What your camera can achieve in night and low light conditions.
- How to adjust to the exposure to create different effects
- How to photograph some of London’s most famous landmarks at night.
What do you need
- DSLR or bridge camera (no point and shoots)
- A tripod if possible (monopods, bean pods or mini tripods will not be suitable)
Dates for workshops
The start times change depending on time of the year
The start time of this workshop changes depending on the time of year.
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - 730pm - 1030pm
- Thursday 9 June 2016 - 8pm - 11pm
- Thursday 23 June 2016 - 8pm - 11pm
- Thursday 14 July 2016 - 8pm - 11pm
£45 per person
Group size - Maximum 6 participants
Booking onto this workshop
To make a booking please fill out the booking form on the link below. Neil will then get in contact directly to organise payment.